The Oklahoma Child Care Resource & Referral Association supports and works with eight regional resource and referral (R & R) agencies across the state that provide referrals, assistance, training, consulting and resources to Oklahoma child care providers.
R & R Agencies
- Guide people who are thinking about becoming child care providers
- Refer parents to licensed providers in their databases
- Help current providers who want to improve their services and their profits
- Offer low-cost training and workshops
- Set up toy-lending, resource libraries and other services
- Answer questions and give advice by email, telephone or in person
- Link providers with other providers
- Give providers information on grants when available, subsidies and other financial help
- Advise and consult on how to create a safe, healthy environment that is good for all types of people, including immigrant parents and their children.
Please use this web site to reach basic information from other helpful web sites. For personal answers to your questions, contact your local R & R agency by phone or email.
Are you thinking about starting a child care program? Would you like suggestions for growing in your field and improving your program? Health and safety information to improve your services to families of other cultures, or maintain your state license? Do you need resources or technical assistance to make more money, to earn a higher Star rating or to provide better care for infants and toddlers?
The Americans with Disabilities Act affects child care facilities, too. To find out how, check out this bulletin.
As a caregiver of young children you work daily to provide quality care for children. You are also the best person to talk about the importance of increasing reimbursement rates for providers, because you can speak from real experience. For more information on being a voice for children and families see our pages on advocating for child care.
If you are a provider with employees who work for your facility, you may be able to get assistance in providing them with health insurance. The State of Oklahoma can share your costs when employees meet certain income criteria. To find out more, please click here: http://www.oepic.ok.gov
Whatever you need, we hope you'll find it here. Make this your first online source for all types of current information that providers need. And, please, let us know if there is anything else you would like to see here.